Monday, January 25, 2010

Project 52

As I lead a relatively dull existence, I have been looking for a project. It is true that I have recently completed a manuscript for a young adult fiction novel, and will continue editing this and hopefully writing new manuscripts in the future, one of which, with luck, will find it's way on to a Barnes and Nobles shelf. But since there is no indication of when I might begin a new manuscript I set out on Project 52. Fifty-two new books in the 52 weeks of 2010. This month, I have made my way through Her Fearful Symmetry (hated it), Beautiful Creatures (loved it), and Wicked Lovely (a good concept, though it could have been developed more and I would shy away from involving a harem that depended on the lust of a king for survival in a book aimed at young girls). Of course, I re-read the Twilight Saga this month, but that can't count for this project. I am currently working on The Queen and I, and starting with this novel, I will give a weekly review. It seems for January, Project 52 and I are exactly where we should be. ;)

(Please note, this post was actually published in The Life and Times of a Struggling Writer last week).

No comments:

Post a Comment