Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday and Writing: Frustrations

Well, it's here again--hump day. I just finished re-writing a scene that I wrote yesterday then let get eaten by the computer--somehow which I still haven't figured out. The re-write isn't as good as the original, but I've re-written it four times since it happened and this is as close as I'm going to get to the words that originally lined the page. ARG!

I'm working on a trial period with a critique partner. Hopefully, this will work out. If not I'll be back at square one because I really don't think I can edit this manuscript without help. On an unrelated note, I wrote Kammi Garcia and she wrote me back! She recommends the SCBWI conference for networking and publishing education. I was grateful for the advice and pleasantly surprised that Kammi Garcia responded to my e-mail. So assuming I finish this dang manuscript and beat it into some kind of presentable shape, I fully intend to go to the SCBWI conference in New York this year. My Prince Charming is coming too, this should be fun ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment