Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday and Writing: Are we there yet?

Well, I started the scenes at random and it's moving this manuscript along, slowly but surely. I've been so busy with the day job recently that I haven't had time for anything else, but it's getting there.

It's still frustrating though, because I made a list of scenes I thought I still needed to get to the end (including the end). I counted them and had a number to start working towards. I didn't realize there were still holes to fill and so the list doubled. But geez, I'm well above 300 pages and still don't see an end in sight.

I just have to remind myself you eat an elephant one bite at a time. Eventually, I will see the end, and then the revision can start. Are we there yet? In answer, no but we will be some day and that's why we work today. I'd love to stay and chat (with the two people who actually read this) but I have scenes to complete so ttyl! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment